CULS Meeting Minutes
K-LIRT Business Meeting
CULS, Salina, KS
October 6, 2006
Members in attendance: Mary Alice Wade, Jason Coleman, Judy Salm, Patrica Renn-Scanlon, Judy Druse, Angela Barger, Sara K. Kearns, Kristin Whitehair
I. Membership and Budget Update
A. Membership: K-LIRT Secretary/Treasurer, Kristin Whitehair, reported that K-LIRT had 25 members as of September 6, 2006.
B. Budget: Kristin reported that K-LIRT has a current balance of $733.14.
II. Old Business: K-LIRT website
A. Judy Bastin, chair, reported that KLA is exploring the option of hiring a web developer to redo the website. A decision will be made in October. This will affect the K-LIRT website.
III. New Business
A. Program suggestions for Tri-Conference 2007 (proposals due Nov. 1).
1. Show and tell session.
2. Create a teaser for the summer institute. It would be a short session about blogs, wikis, and games like Second Life. This option appeared to be the consensus of the group.
B. Program suggestions for Summer Institute 2007
1. A speaker about gaming and simulations in libraries including such software as Second Life.
2. Discussion about the use fob logs, wikis, and instant messaging. This appeared to be the consensus of the group.
C. KLA update: Judy Bastin, chair, reported KLA is exploring the option of a web developer for the website. Additionally, KLA is working on planning future Tri-Conferences. Due to a retirement of the primary organizer this responsibility is now in new hands.
1. Discussion of various conferences such as LOEX.
2. It was suggested that K-LIRT consider video conferencing.